Reach your beauty goals in 2018!
Whether you dream of a slimmer figure, silkier hair or a killer makeup routine, there’s no time like the present to start working towards your beauty and body goals. Here at Canadian Beauty College, a cosmetology college with esthetician courses that doubles as a hairdressing school, we train students in Mississauga, Toronto and the rest of the GTA on how to create stunning makeovers that make people feel their best. In our line of work, we’ve amassed a smart tip or two over the years on how to best achieve your beauty, health and fitness goals. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
Redefine your diet
We aren’t talking about fad diets or flash detoxes. We’re talking about truly putting some thought into everything you put into your body. There’s a lot of truth to the old adage, “You are what you eat,” after all! So, no matter what your beauty goals are, changing your diet can be extremely beneficial to reaching them. A few further tips:
- Fresh fruits and veggies make excellent snacks. They’re low-calorie and packed with vitamins and nutrients that can help your skin, hair and nails look their very best. Nuts, which are full of protein and healthy fats (also amazing for your skin!) are equally great choices for curbing hunger when it hits.
- When you do feel like treating yourself, don’t be shy—just do it differently. Instead of reaching for that mass-produced “chocolate” bar at the corner store, why not invest in some high-quality chocolate? Moderation is always key, of course, but dark, quality “bean-to-bar” style chocolates are especially packed with antioxidants that can give your metabolism and overall health a boost.
- Drink more water. You’ve heard it before, but it bears repeating. Good hydration is key to looking and feeling you best, no matter what that means for you. It can help you lose weight, clear your skin, and boost your mood, to name but a few benefits.
Shake up your beauty and skincare routine
Take some time to consider your current skincare and makeup routine. Don’t have one? Well, there’s a great place to start working toward your beauty goals! A basic skincare routine, for instance, should include the following elements:
- A gentle cleanser (never use soap straight on your face!)
- A toner
- A moisturizer suited for your skin type
- Sun protection (this is absolutely essential to preserve your skin’s elasticity, keep wrinkles at bay, and prevent skin cancers. Apply sunscreen every day, even in the winter!)
- A richer moisturizer for nighttime, if you feel the need
If you aren’t the most comfortable applying makeup (or if you’d simply like to update your current routine), we recommend making an appointment with a trained makeup artist. He or she will be able to recommend products and colours that really work for you. Nothing beats starting out on solid bases! The same is true for hairstyling or esthetics.
Graduates from cosmetology colleges are the most knowledgeable people you can turn to when it comes to maximizing your chances of reaching your hair, makeup, skincare or body goals in 2018 and beyond. Want to take your learning to the next level? Why not sign up for a semester of esthetician courses or hairdressing school? If you’re in Mississauga, Toronto or elsewhere in the GTA, contact Canadian Beauty College to find out about your options.