by Canadian Beauty College
Preparation for Micro-Needling: Everything You Need to Know
Expert Advice from Specialists at Esthetician Schools in Ontario
Effective anti-aging treatments used to be synonymous with invasive procedures that included a long recovery period. Today, leading beauty schools in Ontario offer far more advanced techniques and easier alternatives. You can fight the signs of aging with a procedure that involves the use of tiny, sterile micro-needles to improve your skin, without requiring any recovery time. Micro-needling is a treatment that uses a tool with 12 very fine needles to create small pinpricks to the skin. This relatively painless procedure promotes collagen and elastin rejuvenation. The slight superficial “injuries” also serve as canals to allow active ingredients to reach the deeper layers of your skin.
Micro-needling has existed for more than 15 years – with good reason. In recent times, it is gaining greater popularity due to the proven results and convenience it offers. This procedure has the ability to minimize pores, induce skin tightening, improve acne scars, and may even help with the appearance of stretch marks. If you seek to restore, balance, firm, tone, and create beautiful skin, micro-needling is the right treatment option for you. You must make sure, however, that the individual administering treatment has proper medical aesthetics training in Toronto.
How do you Prepare for Your Micro-Needling Treatment?
Although micro-needling is a minimally invasive treatment, there are still certain risks involved if you are not adequately prepared before visiting an aesthetician’s office. Find out what preparations you can make for the most successful results:
- Consult with your skin care professional before the treatment in order to understand your skin’s unique needs. The specialist may recommend a pre-treatment skin care regimen so you can fully benefit from the post-treatment effects.
- Avoid using retinoids and treatments for auto-immune disease for at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not have a treatment performed if you have used Accutane or Isotretinoin within the last 6 months.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
- Refrain from wearing makeup to your micro-needling appointment.
- Ensure that you have no active acne. In this case, treatment will only spread harmful bacteria around your face.
- Maintain the moisture of your skin as it heals by drinking plenty of water in advance.
Is Micro-Needling a Staple in Modern Skin Care?
Micro-needling has proven that it is here to stay. If you want to ease into preventative anti-aging methods without resorting to extreme measures such as Botox or surgery, then micro-needling may be the best and most effective option for you. You will find greater results with regular maintenance but if the thought of taking tiny needles to your face is not for you, there are still a number of other treatment options available you can discover at leading salons and certified beauty schools in Ontario.
If you are interested in getting hands-on, medical aesthetics training in Toronto, or simply want insight into a new anti-aging treatment, Canadian Beauty College has you covered. Our courses and services will allow you discover the latest trends and technology and reignite your passion for the world of beauty.
For more information about our beauty schools in Ontario, across the Toronto area, call Canadian Beauty College at 1-866-720-4920 or contact us online and we will get back to you promptly.