All You Need to Know About Facials
Plenty of women have never had a facial; not because they do not want to, but because they are not sure if it is really worth the time and cost. Choosing between various types of facials can be quite overwhelming, especially because there is so much misleading information out there about them. Women that have tried them in the past often give mixed feedback to friends and family, only adding to the confusion.
If you have been avoiding facials because you don’t know enough, it is best to fully understand what they are and how they are used. You may be surprised at just how much misinformation is out there about this beneficial skincare treatment.
Do You Need a Facial?
Magazines and websites will tell you that a facial will leave you relaxed, younger-looking and more beautiful. In reality, the outcome and experience depends on the type of facial you receive. Some can be uncomfortable while others can truly be relaxing, soothing and provide many benefits to your skin.
When they are done correctly, facials are an excellent addition to your skincare routine. If you are thinking about trying a facial routine, you can consider getting them as infrequently as once a year, or as often as every month or every other month. There is no rule for how often you need them. It all depends on the skincare issues you face, if any, and the outcomes you want to see. The type of facial you choose also decides how often you can get one.
The Benefits of a Facial
Facials are about skincare, but not always about relaxation. While it can be a relaxing experience, relaxation should not be the reason you book a facial appointment. When you do receive a facial, you are introduced to numerous benefits, including
- Thorough Cleansing – Facials will thoroughly clean the skin layers, including deep into the pores.
- Blackheads and Whiteheads – Using manual extraction and special skincare ointments, the facial will soften and remove blackheads and whiteheads from the skin.
- Moisturizing – If you have dry skin, the facial will temporarily improve dehydrated skin by using a rich emollient that nourishes and restores your skin’s natural hydration. That moisture also helps plump the skin, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Exfoliation – Facials use a gentle scrub or chemical peel to help exfoliate the skin. This smoothes out imperfections and promotes new skin cells to grow.
- Improved Look – Overall, you will notice that a facial helps fade brown spots, improves skin tone, reduces wrinkles and gives you a glowing appearance.
Keep in mind that even regular facials cannot counteract a lack of daily skincare. You need to wash and moisturize your face daily to get the full benefits of a facial, no matter how often you receive those facials.
What Facials Cannot Do
It is also important to understand what a facial cannot do, so that you do not book an appointment with unrealistic expectations. Some things a facial cannot provide you with include:
- Lift sagging, aged skin
- Eliminate puffy eyes or dark circles
- Replace corrective procedures such as Botox or dermal fillers
- Completely eliminate acne
- Remove toxins from the skin
The Right Facial Requires the Right Esthetician
If you want to try a facial that makes you look and feel refreshed, book an appointment at Canadian Beauty College. Our Toronto esthetics school takes pride in teaching aspiring estheticians how to properly administer facial treatments. At our Medi-Spa Clinic, you can receive a facial that is tailored to your skincare concern, whether it is hydration, aging or acne. Book your facial treatment online now or call 866-720-4920.
Interested in learning how to become a certified esthetician? Fill out our online contact form or attend an open house event to see if our esthetician school in Ontario is the right career choice for you.