by Canadian Beauty College
Microblading: What to Expect Post-Treatment, and Aftercare Tips
A Guide to Microblading Treatment Aftercare
Microblading has recently emerged as one of the most sought after eyebrow treatments for those who have endured years of over-plucking or have naturally sparse brows. Using a special tool, a trained technician will carefully tattoo thin strokes over your eyebrows that mimic the natural look of your hair. If cared for correctly, you can expect to wake up to perfectly groomed brows everyday for up to 12-18 months.
Post-care is extremely important when it comes to determining the longevity and desired results of your microblading treatment. Learn more about this procedure from one of our cosmetology colleges or take an estheticians course in Durham to earn your microblading certificate and be a part of the fastest growing trend in cosmetic tattooing.
Microblading Post-Care Tips
Before you can relish your new look, it is important that you take special care of your eyebrows during the healing process. Here are a few things to keep in mind after your treatment and 3 essential aftercare tips you should follow:
What to Expect Immediately After Treatment
- Appearance – Don’t be alarmed if you walk away from your appointment with darker brows than expected. The skin underneath will also appear and feel reminiscent to a sunburn during the first 7 days after treatment. However, you should experience very little discomfort and your eyebrows will begin to fade into the desired shade after 14 days.
- Healing Process – As your skin begins to regenerate, you may notice some light scabbing or flaking of the skin. During this time, it is important not to pick at the skin around your eyebrows or apply any topical ointments that have not been prescribed by your technician. Allow the dry skin to fall off on its own. The entire healing process may take between 4-6 weeks.
- Potential Complications – While rare, it is possible that complications can occur after your treatment. If you experience severe pain after the procedure and notice that your eyebrow area becomes overly puffy, continues to scab, or begins leaking pus after 2 weeks, consult your doctor immediately.
Microblading Aftercare Tips
- Avoid Getting Your Eyebrows Wet – You may continue to shower and bathe normally, however, avoid getting your eyebrow area wet for up to 10 days after your treatment. This also includes swimming and participating in activities that will result in excessive sweating. If your eyebrows come into contact with water or moisture, it may interfere with how the pigment bonds to your skin.
- Do Not Wear Makeup – Do not apply makeup to the area around your eyes for at least 7 days. Your eyebrows need time to heal from the tiny cuts before you can safely apply any makeup products. Chemicals in certain cosmetics may disrupt the healing and desired pigment result of your tattoo.
- Do Not Touch Your Eyebrows – It may be tempting, but you must avoid touching your eyebrow area with your fingers during the initial healing period. Always apply your prescribed healing balm with a sterile cotton swab and keep contact to a minimum. This also includes tying your hair back to keep it off your eyebrows.
Earn Your Microblading Certificate from our Beauty Schools in Ontario
Eyebrows are an essential feature and their size and shape have the ability to drastically change the appearance of your face. If done the right way, microblading can transform your barely-there brows and simplify your morning routine.
If you want to learn more about emerging eyebrow trends from experts in the industry, or want to explore a new career in the cosmetics industry, take a course at our Toronto cosmetology college. Discover a number of makeup programs designed to help you achieve success in your chosen field.
For more information about our beauty and esthetician schools in Ontario, across the Toronto area, call Canadian Beauty College at 1-866-720-4920 or contact us online and we will get back to you promptly.