by Canadian Beauty College
Threading Vs. Waxing: Which Method is Right for You?
A Look at the Differences between Eyebrow Threading and Eyebrow Waxing
There are several removal options when it comes to your stray eyebrow hairs. From threading to waxing, how do you know which method is right for you? Fortunately, it is hard to go wrong with either option since there are major benefits to both techniques. Waxing has been a staple in the beauty industry for many years but alternative hair removal techniques such as threading, have seen a rise in popularity in recent times.
Well-maintained brows will always be a popular trend. This is why it is imperative that you pay special attention to how you choose to groom them. Since 2009, our beauty schools in Ontario have served the Greater Toronto Area with an opportunity to learn more about the latest in eyebrow makeup, and more. Enroll in a program at our makeup school in Toronto to begin your exciting career in the beauty industry today.
Pros and Cons of Threading and Waxing
Threading and waxing are both extremely effective methods at removing unwanted hair. While they both achieve comparable results, the techniques are vastly different. Learn about these differences below, so you can choose the method that is right for you:
- No Chemicals – There are some waxing products that may contain chemicals that may irritate sensitive skin. The threading method removes unwanted hair using pure cotton thread, with no harsh additives applied directly to the skin.
- Retinol-based Products – If you apply retinoids to your skin, they may cause mild sensitivity and tenderness since this beauty product works to exfoliate your skin. While threading is not completely pain-free, this technique minimizes the risk of removing the top layer of your skin, thereby, reducing further irritation.
- Results – Through this method, your esthetician has greater control over the area that is being plucked. The thread can also be utilized to remove even the shortest hairs. Threading results can last between 3-4 weeks.
- Low Pain Threshold – Waxing is an incredibly quick process and may feel less painful than other forms of hair removal. While normal, expect to experience some redness after your treatment.
- Sharp Definition – Removing your hair by waxing will give your eyebrows a clean and defined look. Additionally, if you have thicker hair, waxing is an ideal removal option as it will result in a reduced level of pain.
- Results – Take extra care to find a certified waxing technician. Incidents such as burning of the skin may occur if the wax is not heated to the correct temperature. Along with hair, waxing will remove the top layer of your skin and leave redness for a short period of time after treatment. Waxing results can last up to 6 weeks.
Learn Eyebrow Shaping Techniques from a Toronto Esthetics School
Eyebrows are an extremely important facial feature. Their colour, size, and shape can completely transform your face. Whether you choose threading or waxing to maintain your eyebrows, it is important to understand how each method works so you can make an informed decision about which shaping technique will be the most beneficial for you.
Learn more about eyebrow makeup trends and the different hair removal techniques from our Toronto cosmetology college. Our certificate program will introduce you to the world of professional makeup, with a focus on both quality education and client care.
For more information about our beauty and esthetician schools in Ontario, across the Toronto area, call Canadian Beauty College at 1-866-720-4920 or contact us online and we will get back to you promptly.