What is Micro-Needling and Is It Right for You?
Expert Advice from Your Toronto Esthetics School
Combating the signs of aging is a challenge everyone struggles with at some point. Therefore, it is no surprise that there are numerous anti-aging treatments out there today. While you have more than enough options, it is best to consider the pros and cons before you make a choice. One popular trend today in fighting early signs of aging is micro-needling.
Micro-needling is a treatment that uses an electric needling device. The device has 12 very fine needles, and the needles penetrate the skin to break down old scar tissue and further skin cell generation. Eventually, it leads to better layers of elastin and collagen fibres along with improved blood flow.
Is Micro-Needling the Right Option for Your Needs?
Micro-needling has its pros and cons. Some esthetician schools in Ontario and surrounding areas offer micro-needling allowing you to try it before committing to a full round of treatments.
- Pro: Signals Production Faster – To encourage collagen and elastin fibres to produce in your skin, micro-needling offers an effective natural booster. It pushes skin cell regeneration, which means you can look forward to youthful-looking skin.
- Pro: No Scars – The needles used in micro-needling are minuscule. You do not have to worry about scars, and you will reduce lines and wrinkles as your skin naturally refills voids.
- Con: Swelling and Redness are Common – While you can get this procedure done in a single day, you might not want to do so on a lunch break. You might have swelling and redness for up to two days after the treatment along with bruising and bleeding at the needling zones.
- Con: No Makeup – It is not recommended that you wear any makeup for the first 48 hours after your treatment.
- Pro: Skin Colour Friendly – Micro-needling is friendly for all types of skin and colours of skin. There is no risk of post-inflammatory pigmentation problems with the procedure either.
Are there Alternatives to Micro-Needling?
Micro-needling has its pros and cons. While it is quickly becoming a go-to anti-aging treatment, there are also other treatments available that you can find at salons and established beauty schools in Ontario.
A facial serum treatment can also boost collagen without any redness, swelling, or bruising to the face. These serums can come in the form of a facial or chemical peel.
Also, lines and wrinkles are more defined when the skin is dry. If you plump up your skin with moisturizer, you might notice a significant decrease in the number of wrinkles and fine lines. A hydration facial can do this for you.
Whether you want to fight the early signs of aging or you want to explore innovative treatment in skin care, taking a course from a Toronto esthetics school can help expose you to the world of beauty and the endless options available.
For more information about our beauty schools in Ontario, across the Toronto area, call Canadian Beauty College at 1-866-720-4920 or contact us online and we will get back to you promptly.