How to Have a Spa Day at Home?
DIY Tips from the Experts at a Leading Toronto Esthetics School
A relaxing spa day is everyone’s dream. It rejuvenates, beautifies, and gives you the comfort of home at the same time.
To pull off that perfect do-it-yourself spa day at home, you must first learn the essentials of how to have a spa day, including the right products and treatments to apply.
If you have the luxury of an entire day to devote to yourself, these spa day essentials will certainly be the most relaxing experience; and you do not even need to leave home.
To prepare, be sure you gather up these essentials you would find at local beauty schools in Ontario offering spa services:
- Relaxing Bath 101 – A great spa day starts with a hot, relaxing bath. To set the mood, purchase a few scented or unscented candles so that you may dim the lights. Also, consider light music in the background or ocean sounds. Use a bath oil that is super hydrating and luxurious, then top it off with plenty of bubbles. Do not forget a padded headrest for added comfort.
- Skin Mask – Every spa day includes a facial treatment. The mask is one of the easier options for a DIY spa day. To make a mask, you need cosmetic clay, essential oils, and water. Mix according to the clay instructions, adding a few drops of a relaxing essential oil scent, such as lavender, chamomile, rose, vetiver, or ylang-ylang. For a moisturizing mask, try adding honey and olive oil.
- Exfoliate – Purchase an exfoliating loofah and sugar-based body scrub to exfoliate the dry skin prone areas, such as knees, shins, elbows, and arms. Use circular motions to slough away dead skin properly.
- Facials – Facial scrubs exfoliate dead skin and open the pores. Use a circular motion any time you cleanse your face, avoiding delicate areas around your eyes. You can purchase a pre-made facial scrub or make your own using coconut oil, oatmeal, sugar, and water. After your scrub, try a facial steam treatment by placing your face over a pot of hot water.
- Manicures and Pedicures – To pull off a spa-quality pedicure or manicure, you need a foot bath, toe separators, foot soak and scrub, loofah, and booties for when you are done.
You can learn all the essentials for a perfect spa day at home or make a career out of it by taking a course at our Toronto esthetics school. Canadian Beauty College offers certifications in skin care, manicures and pedicures, body treatments, and more.
For more information about our beauty schools in Ontario or inquire about our classes, call Canadian Beauty College at 1-866-720-4920. You can also contact us online and we will get back to you promptly.